Winter static

In winter, it’s dry inside, and static electricity comes to call. I stand up, I touch something, and I get shocked. It doesn’t seem to matter whether it’s the stair railing, a book, or another person — ZAP!

But I’m the only one in the family that it’s happening to yet, so my son asked me this morning if I had some sort of metal core that made me more prone to conducting electricity. I joked that it’s the metal screw in my foot. (It goes up from my heel through my ankle.)

Which, of course, with us being the kind of family that we are, led to joking about Wolverine and his skeleton. Do you know why he doesn’t shock everyone he touches? It’s the costume. You only think it’s Spandex; it’s really rubber to prevent the electric discharge.

What sorts of silliness have you been up to lately?

Bookmark the permalink.


  1. LOL! Interesting conversations in your house. Maybe need a humidifie? Have a Merry Christmas.

    • I don’t know; I like the dry air for breathing! Such a change of pace from the rest of the year. 😉

      Merry Christmas!

  2. LOL, a rubberised Wolverine! … like those infamous be-nippled Batman costumes of yesteryear.

  3. Now that would explain a lot. Or Adamantium (sp?) is a non-conducting metal. I get dangerous as soon as the weather turns (mildly so all year) so my hubby got me one of these:

    He didn’t know whether it was a gag gift or would work, but it actually does :).

Comments are closed