In winter, it’s dry inside, and static electricity comes to call. I stand up, I touch something, and I get shocked. It doesn’t seem to matter whether it’s the stair railing, a book, or another person — ZAP!
But I’m the only one in the family that it’s happening to yet, so my son asked me this morning if I had some sort of metal core that made me more prone to conducting electricity. I joked that it’s the metal screw in my foot. (It goes up from my heel through my ankle.)
Which, of course, with us being the kind of family that we are, led to joking about Wolverine and his skeleton. Do you know why he doesn’t shock everyone he touches? It’s the costume. You only think it’s Spandex; it’s really rubber to prevent the electric discharge.
What sorts of silliness have you been up to lately?