One of the main reasons I do these gratitude posts on Mondays is to remind me that I have so much that is good in my life. This can be an especially valuable reminder on Mondays — our culture has built up a sense of dread about starting the week, so this is my attempt to counteract that. Not always easy, especially when I’m having a rough day. Or a rough week.
So here are a few bright spots in this day:
- The temperature is under 80°, and it’s breezy. Yes, it’ll be back above 90° later this week, but right now, it’s lovely.
- The part to fix our broken toilet was about $2.75 with tax, and the toilet is working now.
- Verizon Wireless support on Twitter is trying to help me get my data plan sorted out after much frustration on my part. (Fruitlessly, it turns out, but they tried.)
- My friends encourage me on rough days.
- I got lovely new art supplies last week and took some time to play a bit this weekend!
What are you grateful for this week?
And you have beautiful handwriting :). You could make your own font.
Yay for the good things. It’s so easy to focus on all that’s going wrong. I applaud your efforts to undermine that tendency. Small steps will make the world a better place (for you if no one else :)).
Thanks, Mar. I was still feeling pretty negative last night, but I was trying.
Beautiful post. Good things for me this morning: It rained last night so it’s lovely and cool this morning. Garden is producing beautiful food. I’m volunteering for a great event, the Northern Gila County Fair and I have a lot to do!
Thank you, Connie!
Hooray for cool weather, beautiful food, and the county fair!