It’s February. More specifically, it’s President’s Day weekend (I’ll save the rant about remembering when we got two separate days, Lincoln’s birthday and Washington’s birthday), and that means another trip to Boston for Boskone. As this goes live, I’m actually driving home, having attended a wonderful convention:
- John Scalzi as Guest of Honor (*insert fangirl mode*)
- Daniel Dos Santos as Official Artist
- Toni Weisskopf as Special Guest
- Tricky Pixie (whom I first saw last year at Renovation) as Featured Filker
- Jerry Pournelle as NESFA Press Guest
- Bruce Schneier as Hal Clement Science Speaker
As with last year’s Boskone, I took my son with me.
I’ll post later in the week with details about some of the panels I attended, snippets of what I learned, and maybe even a photo or two. Right now, though, I’m just grateful that such conventions exist, that I get to go and learn and see friends and make new friends, that my son is interested in going too and spending time with me, and that I’m on my way home now to see my husband & daughter.
What are you grateful for this week?