Some days, it’s easiest to be grateful when they’ve finished because tomorrow’s a fresh start, and maybe not as bad. But to be fair, there were little things to be grateful about through the day:
- I mailed off a book my mom asked me to send her back.
- While at the post office, I grabbed another sheet of Nevada stamps.
- My friend David was worried about losing sight in his good eye, but unlike his other eye, this should be fixed with routine cataract surgery. (Okay, this is not a little thing. This is huge!)
- The leader of my daughter’s new Brownie troop is friendly and upbeat and seems to have a fun year planned out for the girls.
- I’m not too late to register my daughter for a class, even if I don’t like the bureaucratic hoops I have to jump through. (Yeah, I’m trying to put a positive spin on this, but there’s still a lot of resentment.)
- I sent my newsletter out on time—I think without missing text this time around.
I’m sure there’s more to be grateful for. There always is.
What are you grateful for this week?