I worked most of the weekend, catching up on freelance projects that should have been done last week, so I felt no guilt in taking today mostly to putter around at this and that.
Things I did:
- Wrote 123 words on Treachery (first words in a while)
- Chatted with other writers online
- Read more of the current book
- Tackled sending my first e-mail with MailChimp (I’ve been using Mailman)
- Drawing with my daughter
- More reading
- Maybe even some thoughts on story structure
So mostly today, I’m thankful for a nice quiet day. What are you grateful for?
Sounds like a great day. Thankful on part for Ellie of Arizona Humanities who is working to put on a Poetry Slam as a pre-event for the Payson Book Festival.
Oh, neat! I’ve never been to a poetry slam!
Sounds like a good day. Isn’t MailChimp strictly for email marketing?
No, a large number of authors use MailChimp to send regular newsletters. It’s free to use up to 2,000 subscribers, and presumably, by the time I cross that barrier, I’ll be making enough money from my writing to be content to pay for their service.