Otherwise known as “five random things make a post.”
- I haven’t tried to get a picture of fireflies, but they’re back, the annual flashes of green in the trees and over the grass. However, here are some gorgeous long-exposure shots from a Japanese photographer.
- School’s out for the summer, which means my son is home and already doing the “I’m bored” routine. For the record, we’ve been to the library twice since he got out last Wednesday. It’s going to be a long summer. This week, I took the kids to buy summer clothes (for some reason, last year’s shorts didn’t fit any longer) — one at a time to preserve my sanity. It almost makes me regret washing the old clothes this weekend.
- I realize I haven’t drawn a number for the Sevy Series giveaway. There were two entrants, and the winner is:
Widdershins, that’s you. Let me know if it’s okay to forward your e-mail address to Sarah-Jane Lehoux so you can get your prize.
- My efforts to write a short story a day during May? Yeah, that didn’t happen. I wrote one short story and three flash, plus started another five stories and started brainstorming a novella. I have more written now than I had at the beginning of the month, though, so I’m calling it a win.
- Back at the beginning of December, I talked about my desire to lose weight. So how’s that going, six months in? Um, not so well. The good news is I haven’t gained any weight. On the other hand, I’m only a couple of pounds lighter than I was on my birthday. I’m not giving up (My middle name could be “Persistence,” except of course, it’s not; persistence doesn’t start with an M.), but I will have to lower my expectations for what I’m going to achieve before December.
What’s new in your world?
I love fireflies. For some reason at my old house in NY, they disappeared. Ranger said because I let the property grow up into trees. That made me sad.
Sorry about the weight loss. I’m going through the same thing. I know I need to get my head in the right place before it will happen. Sigh. Somethings are hard to give up.
Sorry to hear the fireflies disappeared. That would make me sad, too.
Thanks for the kind words on the weight loss. Right now, I’m just taking joy in the fact that I haven’t put more on.
Ooooo! I won! … sure is OK to pass on my email!
Done! Congrats, and I hope you enjoy your prize. 🙂